Pages

Welcome

Welcome to JAM HOUSE blogsite, where you get the latest Entertainment News, Gossips, Interviews, Songs, Videos and lots more ◄◄ REW ► PLAY ▌▌PAUSE █▌STOP ►►FWD ♪♫, We are professionals in online promotions and adverts. Call +2347033116602 for more details.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

New Video - Ejyki - Levels/Nweze


London, 20th May 2012 - It’s not often one hears of an artist that is unafraid to be creative and daring coupled with a strong command of one’s music. Ejike ‘Ejyki’ Ugwu possesses these qualities with his double A sided afrobeats single release of Levels and Nweze with a feel good video to match, taken from his forthcoming Ep ‘The Opening Chapter’.  The London based Nsukka native doesn’t cut corners on this sterling production by Jiff The General when delivering the uplifting lyrical content that is raw, honest and real.  "I simply wrote from the heart and expressed myself truthfully and culturally without the notion of trying to follow a trend – I’m just being me", says the avid Chelsea supporter.

The party entertainer as a 10 year old, dancing to Michael Jackson and Mc Hammer records, is all it took to motivate Ejyki’s desire to later pursue a career in music.  He explains, ‘I had an insatiable appetite for music when I was in secondary school, I would hang out with senior students just so they could give me the latest sounds.  It was imperative for me to also take part in school plays and variety shows to showcase the little talent I felt I had’.  The Enugu State of Science and Technology graduate found his calling in his first year in University when he met the likes of the Late MC Loph and Mr Raw during a departmental show.  "It was refreshing.  I quickly bought my first lyric note book and began writing and writing and I haven’t stopped since".  Now recording with sheer conviction, Ejyki was honing his skills, drawing from his influences like Fela Kuti, Osita Osadebe,Tupac, Biggie Smalls and using them to create his own style.  The multi-talented rapper, singer and songwriter also had a stint in acting alongside Genevieve in 'Only Nigerian Girl' and a starring role in 'Out Of Time 1 and Out Of Time 2'.

Ejyki moved to London to shape his career and study the industry.  Performing in Manchester, London and Leicester gave him an insight to what he could achieve.  He explains, ‘My initial reaction to the UK was expressed in the shattering of my teeth because the cold really knows how to welcome a person.  But I took it in my stride and before I knew it I had garnered a whole new fan base’.  This led to the meeting with producer Jiff The General (Sound Sultan, Orezi, Zara Gretti, Modenine) and together they are close to finishing ‘The opening chapter’.

"I'm excited about it all, the tracks are gaining momentum and I’m feeling positive about the future".


Levels/Nweze Download: LEVELS/NWEZE
jiff@jiffthegeneral.com
http://www.jiffthegeneral.com
 Skype: jiffthegeneral
 Twitter: @jiffthegeneral
 BB: 2841E2AC


0 comments:

Post a Comment